By Kate Torgovnick
As per usual, it looks like the Kates, Katies, Catherines, and Katys of the world have been mighty busy this week. Here, your weekly roundup of name-specific news.
- What? A scandalous Kate Upton magazine spread? You don’t say. This time, it’s in Contributor Magazine. [Huffington Post]
- And yes! Katie Taylor wins gold for Ireland in women’s boxing. [NY Times]
- Kate Bosworth and Michael Polish are engaged. Bosworth dropped the news very discretely this week. [SF Gate]
- Kate Moss continues to roll in the dough. While her company was worth $3.8 million last year, it’s now worth $7 million. [The Sun]
- Speaking of Moss, she apparently ruined husband Jamie Hince’s 20 years of veganism by cooking a bacon sandwich in her underwear. [The Gloss]
- Catherine Keener has started filming a new movie with Toni Collette. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Kate Beckinsale says that, since she had four brothers, she loved action movies growing up. “I was a huge Die Hard fan until it ate my husband for two years,” she says, of Len Wiseman’s remake. [SlashGear]
- Apparently, some folks on the set of “Total Recall” didn’t realize that she and director Wiseman were married. [Style Goes Strong]
- Beckinsale opted for dots at a special showing of “Total Recall” in New York. [Posh 24]
- Miss Beckinsale is reportedly a front-runner to play Anastasia in “50 Shades of Grey.” Only that doesn’t make sense at all because they are completely different ages. [Gather.com]
- Transgender writer Kate Bornstein talks about her experience as a Scientologist. [Windy City Media Group]
- It appears that Katy Perry and John Mayer are actually dating. The two were seen smooching at a party last weekend. [Mercury News]
- And headed out on Wednesday to the Chateau Marmont in LA. See photo above. [NY Daily News]
- And then Katy seen getting out of Mayer’s car the next morning. [NY Daily News]
- Meanwhile, Katy Perry thinks Rihanna should get Video of the Year for “We Found Love.” In other words, she doesn’t think her own video for “Wide Awake” should take the prize.
- Kate Middleton‘s close relationship with Prince Harry is awesome — he refers to her as the “sister I never had.” However, rumor has it that Middleton’s real sister, Pippa, is a little hurt about not being a part of the royal triumvirate. [Daily Mail]
- Meanwhile, Middleton makes the day of the US Olympic women’s gymnastics teams, when she requests to talk to them during yesterday’s vault finals. And says she likes their leotards. [E! Online]
- Yay! The Duchess of Cambridge likes synchronized swimming. Good, since there are three Katies on the British team. [USA Today]
- Katie Holmes has enrolled Suri Cruise in a chi-chi Manhattan private school. [NY Daily News]
- And took the girl to MOMA. [US Weekly]
Any Kate-related news this week that I missed? Add it in the comments, please!