- Kate Young has been named the Most Powerful Stylist in Hollywood. Apparently, she was once Anna Wintour’s assistant and is currently the only stylist signed to CAA. Go Kate! [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Meanwhile, Katie Holmes appears on the cover of the issue where Young got top honors. [Just Jared]
- Kate Upton‘s latest ad stars, of all things, two dirty talking cockroaches. Gross on so many levels. [NY Daily News]
- Catherine Grieg, the girlfriend of notorious gangster Whitey Bulger (who Jack Nicholson’s character in “The Departed” is based on), has entered a guilty plea, confessing to harboring a fugitive and two counts of identity fraud. [CBS Boston]
- When it comes to Prince William, Kate Middleton says that she is “missing him terribly.” However she adds, “I’ve got a dog that’s keeping me occupied.” [People]
- Speaking of Middleton, David Walliams — famous for having swum the Thames — reportedly told the Duchess of Cambridge that she is “too skinny” to attempt the swim herself as “you need a layer of fat for that sort of thing.” [Celebs Gather]
- Middleton did look exceptionally svelte while showing off her field hockey skills yesterday in a pair of coral-colored skinny jeans. [People]
- The Moosehead Marine Museum in Maine is trying to raise $500K to repair a 100-year-old ship referred to as “The Kate.” [Press Herald]
- Leonardo DiCaprio confesses that he decided to do “Titanic” over “Boogie Nights” because Kate Winslet signed on for the James Cameron pic. [The Sun]
Tagged with kate young …
Chances are, you don’t know Kate Young per se. But you definitely know her work. Not only does Young style fashion powerhouses like Natalie Portman and Michelle Williams, the icy blonde with a fondness for red lipstick also styles the looks coming down the runways at Jason Wu fashion shows. (That’s her photographed with him below.)
This year, Young was named one of tinseltown’s Most Powerful Stylists by the Hollywood Reporter. And she’s just landed a high profile gig as the editor-at-large for Macy’s INC, styling looks for the brand’s ads. (She’s wearing INC pieces in that photo to the left.)
As part of her new Macy’s gig, Young has been doing lots of interviews. But she isn’t trying to be the next Rachel Zoe.
“I don’t really want to be a super public person,” Young tells New York Magazine. “I don’t want a reality show. I’m not an actress and I don’t think I have the kind of personality that could carry a show, [although] I really admire the people who can.”
Young has just entered her busiest season of the year—Oscar season.