So when did the name ‘Catherine‘ morph into ‘Katherine?’ History isn’t actually too clear on that. But we do know that the first Katherine on record was in England in 1196, the name presumably having been brought back from the Crusades. While the name has retained popularity in the UK, it really took off in the United States. It’s been in the 100 most popular names in the United States every year since 1880.
- Fabri-Kate: give ‘em the brush off
- Tom Cruise wears codpiece for Katie Holmes, while Catherine Zeta-Jones channels Pat Benatar
- Obsessed with: Kate Spain dishware at Crate & Barrel
- Kate Beckinsale on her longtime love of penis jokes
- Kate’s Dates: Some genius “financial advice” for dating
- My CompliKAITed Life: Battling a Netflix Addiction