So when did the name ‘Catherine‘ morph into ‘Katherine?’ History isn’t actually too clear on that. But we do know that the first Katherine on record was in England in 1196, the name presumably having been brought back from the Crusades. While the name has retained popularity in the UK, it really took off in the United States. It’s been in the 100 most popular names in the United States every year since 1880.
- Dear Kate: My boyfriend is the complete opposite from me! Can it work?
- Why does Kate Miller appear twice on the show “Friends?”
- Dear Kate: How to deal with an attention seeking friend
- Dear Kate: My boyfriend treats me like a child. Help!
- ExpliKate: Why can’t I get a tan?
- Dear Kate: My husband just won’t go down on me!