So when did the name ‘Catherine‘ morph into ‘Katherine?’ History isn’t actually too clear on that. But we do know that the first Katherine on record was in England in 1196, the name presumably having been brought back from the Crusades. While the name has retained popularity in the UK, it really took off in the United States. It’s been in the 100 most popular names in the United States every year since 1880.
- Kate’s Dates: Why I can’t stand his exes, with zero exceptions
- Kate’s Dates: On Long Distance Relationships
- Kate Flashback: Meteorologist Kate Bilo gets an on-air proposal
- Dear Kate: My boyfriend treats me like a child. Help!
- Why does Kate Miller appear twice on the show “Friends?”
- Trivia: Kate Winslet, a hat trick of Titanic proportions