So when did the name ‘Catherine‘ morph into ‘Katherine?’ History isn’t actually too clear on that. But we do know that the first Katherine on record was in England in 1196, the name presumably having been brought back from the Crusades. While the name has retained popularity in the UK, it really took off in the United States. It’s been in the 100 most popular names in the United States every year since 1880.
- Dear Kate: My husband just won’t go down on me!
- Dear Kate: My boyfriend doesn’t want me to move in with him
- Dear Kate: My boyfriend treats me like a child. Help!
- Adventures in Greening: NBD to participate in BND?
- Adventures in Greening: Going green in Salt Lake City. A guest post!
- Adventures in Greening: Green Gifts